5 Amazing Things that you do not know about CPF (Part 1).
The following are subjected to CPF:
- Cash gift (e.g. Chinese New Year Hongbao) given to employees during festive season.
- Gratuity payment for good performance for existing employees.
- Fixed amount given to employees as holiday incentives.
- Cash award given to employees with less than 5 years’ service and every subsequent period of less than 5 years’ service.
- Cash tips collected from customers in hotel and restaurant and distributed to employees.
In the next article on “5 Amazing Things that you do not know about CPF (Part 2)” 5 April 2019, we will explore the changes for these payments NOT to be subjected to CPF.